St Benets Geography forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
St Benets Geography forum

A forum dedicated to giving the students of St Benets a chance to discuss Geography topics. You must be respectful at all times, e-bullying is not allowed and any inappropriate comments will be removed and action taken. The forum is a POSITIVE place.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should we build in greenbelts?

Go down 
4 posters

Should we build in a greenbelt?
Yes
Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_lcap25%Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
No
Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_lcap75%Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Not Sure
Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_lcap0%Should we build in greenbelts? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Simon

Simon

Should we build in greenbelts? Empty
PostSubject: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Should we build in Greenbelts?
Back to top Go down
DMayne

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Personally, I am a strong environmentalist, which means that I am strongly against people building on green belt areas. People decide to live on either the edge of a city or in the countryside for a good reason- peace and quiet, and who are we to say that they should be denied that. Surely however, before we build on green belt areas we should focus on the regeneration of inner city areas which are awful to look at- Newcastle Quayside is a good example of this. For example, I think that the citizens of Scotswood need the jobs of cleaners and receptionists etc within NGP more than the citizens of Hazelrigg.
Back to top Go down
Simon

Simon

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:58 pm

I have to agree with you David. Why situate these new developments in the middle of nowhere on a new greenfield site when there are disused places that can be improved. It's like starting a new chocolate bar when there's still half an old one left!
Back to top Go down
Caz H!!

Caz H!!

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Personally, I think that we are delaying the inevitable. Eventually the brown field sites will run out and what are we supposed to do then?? Theres no doubt that population will continue to grow and all those new people need a place to live. Im not saying that we shouldnt keep some country side,but whats more important; animals and habitats or people?
Back to top Go down
DMayne

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

I do partially agree with you Caroline, yes we will eventually have to build on green filed sites, but surely it is best for us to delay it as long as possible so that more people can enjoy our beautiful countryside?
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Simon wrote:
It's like starting a new chocolate bar when there's still half an old one left!
Thats a great anallegy! I agree though, why ruin an area of countyside with houses when theres wasted land in cities!? Plus, inner city housing is closer to services and, well, pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jokertothetheif
Simon

Simon

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:08 pm

It's true. Keeping houses in the highly populated areas saves the tax payer millions. There are less of the common emergency services required and if everyone is close by then transport costs are cut also saving the planet. Aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Caz H!!

Caz H!!

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 pm

I do agree with the points made, but instead of saying that we have to stay in urban areas why don't we start thinking of ways to expand the services needed. we will eventually have to start building in the countryside so instead of having a massive panic when we realise that the time has come we should start to gradually build in the country and expand the services as we go, this way people can get used to the idea of building in the country and we can still enjoy the scenery for a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we build in greenbelts?   Should we build in greenbelts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we build in greenbelts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
St Benets Geography forum :: Should we build in the Greenbelt?-
Jump to: